Old 09-07-2007, 01:54 PM posted to rec.gardens
madgardener madgardener is offline

Default bad news of sorts.....for now......

Charlie wrote:
On Sun, 08 Jul 2007 20:12:22 -0400, madgardener
wrote:

send it whilst I can receive it Charlie.

Done.

Ironic that I get to meet two
more neat garden friends across the fence (Billy, o' course) and the
plug gets pulled. Then again, I will check to see the local library's
schedules (no funds to run 5 days a week) but with my Englishman's hours
over in the UK, they get on line ONLY for 59 minutes and the computer
shuts you down flat. No library open on Wednesdays, and Internet cafe's
are a British pound per hour........he's over 4000 miles away and with
no phone line to call and check on me and Faerie Holler OR the internet
to touch base, you'll hear the anguished cries of an en passioned
Sagittarius unable to know what the frell is going on.....

Funny you mention ironic.......I've encountered several things ironic
hereabouts. Damned ironic. The Fates conspire oftimes.......

Billy is one 'o us, fer sure.

we tend to recognize each other in the crowd of bendejo's......other's
here are Vinny, Ann, Cheryl, loonyhiker,TOMKANPA, gypsy skylark if she's
around....Iris Cohen, Travis, the list is long......not sure if Pen down
in Australia is lurking, and Geoff over in Dundee is awesome as well. We
just lost sweet Brudder John over in Arkansas, his wife quilts and
doesn't have his passion for horticulture, but she keeps in touch with
me.......we've lost a passle of good folk when AOL shut off the
newgroups capabilities..........I hear from those upon occasions, not
now though and then there's Clem Clammer aka Atilla the Pun who
writes to me but never comes here anymore due to the infestation of
pains in the ass and pc fanatics..........he's up in Maine right now
doing his summer thing. Come winter time he'll go back to Florida with
his bride, Edythe. And I've still not located amazing Zhanataya yet
since her move to the Southwest..............sigh.............I've not
mentioned many names, my mind is having brain farts and I'm frantically
writing to beat the plug pulling.........

I'm *always* up way too late.....I'll be listening for Cries From the
East..

he's anguishing over the miscommunications regarding Amtrak at the
moment. texted me in the early a.m. to inform me he's dancing madly
backwards and it weren't Captain Beyond, either.......(I have that one
on cd, by the way)

Surgery is Tuesday morning at 10 a.m., I'm freaking with the total lack
of up close vision despite the good vision far off on the right eye now.
Glasses will be a must after I heal and then job? I will work, no
doubt. I'm not opposed to working two jobs, just haven't done it in 20
years......it wears me out to think that what I am capable of making in
six weeks is what my husband makes in one week driving a truck. A GOOD
week he makes almost $900 take home!! I'd hafta sell my wares for that
kinda money and who would want a middle aged old hippie?? LOL

Mom is freekin' about the vision thing too, but the mother of one of
the folks we support has about 6 months under her belt of having both
eyes done and is doing marvelously......like many good things, takes a
bit.

I'm just blown away at how frelling BLIND I am!!

Took a double read on the wares thing, thanks for the smile, ya' have
yer humor, keep on keepin' on.

well, I'd hafta rinse and spit a LOT and invest in Listerine by the case
to make that kinda money.......I like being home. one of the down sides
of squire is that he moans and groans about wanting to get offa the
road.......if I made the kinda money he makes in a bad week, I'd never
have a worry....some people don't appreciate what they have or
had...........

BTW.....ya' have me beat by a year on the age thing....though most days
I feel like early old age, rather then middle aged.......sigh.

I bragged last year that I was the same age as the year I was
born.......this year I'm 54 and careening towards 55 half way there.

Now Billy, on the other hand........

you saying he's ancient? well there is the miraculous Mutha compost
pile, right? gbseg Billy has awesome tastes in all things
decent.....oh I forgot about GLORIA!! Can't forget "only the Iguana's
know fer shur" she relocated with her beshert up here to Tennessee just
recently and lives 43 miles away nestled against the mountains of
Greenville northeastern from me...........she's awesome. A neat little
Dead Head jewish lady of incredible proportions........my list would
take me hours to write of the life friends I've found
here.............((((((((((huge cyber Maddie hug to ALL OF
YOU)))))))))))))) glasses of sweet iced tea and warm brownies all
around! (moonshine is in the freezer for those who like a bit o' the
shine in their tea..............)

Thoughts will be sent Tues. morn.......luck, sister.

In the Spirit of the Olde Days
Charlie

thanks Charlie, looking forwards to checking the huge blue Farmer's
mailbox at the end of the loooooooooong driveway that overlooks English
Mountain and Douglas Lake for unusual flat packages........LOL

maddie up on the ridge, back in Faerie Holler, overlooking English
Mountain in Eastern Tennessee, zone 7, Sunset zone 36 where we MIGHT get
rain (don't forget to tune to wncw.org and listen to Spindale online. I
think you'll like it.........