Old 09-07-2007, 12:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default Slugs in my beehives!

On 9 Jul, 11:18, "Uncle Marvo"
wrote:
But, if you do, they won't climb up vaseline. You could vaseline the hive
legs.
I have discovered that they also won't climb up plastic water bottles. I
made lupin rings at the weekend by cutting a (2 litre) water bottle into
rings, about 4" long, and placing them round the lupins.
There were LOADS of slugs on Saturday night, and not one lupin has been
touched. So far so good ...

Hey, I do that too! But I serate the edges of the bottles to make them
sharp, pointy and nasty ... evil laugh