Old 09-07-2007, 01:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Edward O' Brien Edward O' Brien is offline

Default Slugs in my beehives!

Many, many thanks, to La Puce, thank you for putting me on to the other
newsgroups, i use the NG facility in Outlook Express, it offered only one
newsgroup, apparently in ?USA, sorry, i'm not that au fait with newsgroups.
Stunned at the response from all, i shall put my hives on a support and
maybe even try the copper option. Regular cleaning of the hives may help
also, as i said i am new to beekeeping too. Thank you all once again,
especially to Mary!

Edward in Glasgow
"La Puce" wrote in message
ps.com...
On 8 Jul, 20:10, "Edward O' Brien" wrote:
I have a problem with slugs getting into my hive(s). I am surprised they
get past the bees and was wondering if anyone knows
a) how they get in?
B) is there anything i should use or more importantly not use as i don't
want to damage the bees health.
There is only a quiet bees newsgroup and was wondering if there are any
beekeepers in his ng.
I am a beginner with bees and my friend has never experienced slugs in 25
years.
I am in Glasgow in the Central Scottish belt if that is relevant, - A
'temperate' climate. Hives are located beside a rhubarb patch.

Hi Ed. I don't want to get rid of you - but there's forums, see below,
where the subject is bees. With all this rain, I've started to find
slugs in my kitchen!! Even the cats are not sure ... But I don't know
about slugs and bees. See if this helps.

http://www.bbka.org.uk/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=4
http://www.derbyshire-bka.org.uk/forum/