Old 09-07-2007, 09:27 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Topping off the pond

On Sun, 8 Jul 2007 20:50:56 CST, Kurt wrote:

10% is quite a bit for once a week! I've never done this in many years
of having a pond. Maybe every couple months. Water has always been
manageable.

And I use to only do a 20-25% change once a month, but the experts (keep in
mind these are strict koi pond people) say for best results, flow thru.
Next best, once/week. I think with a garden pond we have a lot more
leeway... and if your tests are good, and your water is clear, if it isn't
broke... applies. ;-) ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us