Old 09-07-2007, 03:39 PM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] krinish@gmail.com is offline

Default vermi compost for Seed germination?

The stuff my worms ake becomes hard as concrete when dry, so I'd be
real carful of the sun. I don't know if the stuff would be rich enough
to burn the seedlings. The quality you want in seed starter is loose,
light, fine soil. The seed needs uniform moisture and little
resistance for the roots and the top of the plant to push through.
Vermicompost is not too good for this. I'd be interested to know if it
works but I wouldn't advise it's use as a seed starter.

ill definetely let you know, if it works, thanks for both of your
sugegstions.
Im am starter and im pretty much exited about growing my own veggies
and garden right from the seeds.

The Plant nursery agent advised me to use the coco peat mixture which
was like a big 4 inch thick bed, mixed with coco peat, Loamy soil and
sand. he told me to sunk and soak it for 45 Minutes in water and then
it will swell and then sow seeds directly. Was he right? i wasnt
pretty convinced, i thought he was making a quick sale.