Old 09-07-2007, 05:28 PM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] markschenkel@yahoo.com is offline

Default New Aspargus Plantings

I planted some Asparagus "roots" (i.e. not from seed) last spring in
my garden. I read from various sources in the 2nd year and even 3rd
to just let them grow and not harvest them. I am finding them tall
(24 to 30 inches) and spindly. They are even falling over. Is this
proper? It does not appear that they have propagated much (only 2 - 8
separate shoots in each mound). I would have though they look
healthier and flourish more in this 2nd year.

Any assistance appreciated.
Mark.