Old 09-07-2007, 06:23 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens
Omelet Omelet is offline

Default Tomatoes not growing...

In article
,
Billy Rose wrote:

In article ,
Omelet wrote:

I grow my veggies in large buckets about 2' in diameter and 2' tall that
are in a mulched area, I spray the mulch monthly with weed killer, but
the plants are isolated from the ground by the buckets... This has
worked well for us, we can even move them as needed. Now if I could just
keep the dogs from picking the green tomato's before they ripen.

Hot wire.

Use insulated metal buckets and attach hot wire to bucket. Bare feet on
the ground will complete the circuit when the bucket or plant is
touched.

No Joe, you can't just run a 220 line out to the bucket.

lol I'd just run an insulated single wire around the plants. ;-)

Setting up a hot wire is actually pretty inexpensive.
They have kits at many farm stores. Tractor Supply for one.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.