Old 09-07-2007, 07:44 PM posted to aus.environment.misc,aus.gardens,aus.general,aus.legal
len garden len garden is offline

Default water tank rebates

On Mon, 09 Jul 2007 04:25:23 GMT, "George W. Frost"
wrote:

Nice to see the councils giving a rebate if you install rainwater tanks to
connect to the toilet etc, but you wait and see what the councils have
planned for the future.
They will legislate and announce a "Bulk Water Storage Tank Fee"

that's what it is all about, it's about selling control of water to
privateers so they can make profits, and the rebates aren't to
encourage people to save water as they don't encourage people to put
in tanks of sufficient size to do that in any way, fi they did want to
encourage conservation of water then they would not offer rebates on
tanks sizes under 15k litres, as anything under that size does little.

the main thrust of the rebate which catches the greedy is so they have
an inventory of tank owners under contract so when the time comes as
you say they will bill you for owning a tank and most likely for ease
of administration it will be a flat rate no matter how tiny the tank
is.

It is really odd that Connex get fined thousands of dollars for not
supplying trains to schedule and missed trains etc.
Yet, all the water Boards seem to be exempt from any fees for not supplying
water as needed.

yes as the yuppie set work under the premise that you can drink and
eat your money they will supply water but only if you can afford to
buy it, just like power so we have interesting to say the least times
ahead as major sections of our communities go without the basics of
like that is somewhere to live, water and power.

We are almost on level 4 restrictions all across the state, which means you
cant use water as you like, yet we still have to pay top price for the
supply of goods which we are not allowed to have.
Something doesn't sound quite right, it doesn't balance.

we are already on level 5 heading for level 6 in september

You cannot blame "climate change"

we can point the finger at land developers and factory mega farms for
descimating our bio-diversity all in the nterest of profits and this
loss of bio-diversity has at the very least reduced our opportunities
for rain.

but no these climatic fluctuations are part of the planets structure,
as they keep showing on free to air news programs (who watches free to
air anymore let alone news/current affairs programs, they ca afford to
be honest now as their is almost nill audience), all these extreme
events have happened before and some even worse than now.

this is a made up phrase to suit the purpose of greenies and politicians
No such thing as "climate change" it has been going on for thousands of
years

gotta love them greenies hey well any pollie for that matter, they get
into power and all they all do is line their pockets with red, and
bleat about what they are doing for the environment, classic example
tassie.

snipped

With peace and brightest of blessings,

len & bev