Old 09-07-2007, 03:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Plant Identification

Paul wrote .
Ok. As the general response to my query was that the group was
agreeable to educating me as to what plants I have inherited - here's
the first.
Not a garden plant (they are to follow) but a house plant. I have
several of these and they have just finished flowering. Prolifically
so but short lived. So what type of cactus are they?

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/astral....n/cactus_1.jpg

It's a Chamaecereus. I think that's how you spell it. Peanut cactus to its
friends. I have a couple, different colours though.

You can tell by the way the flowers come out of a weird place in the
trunk.

I might be wrong. I don't think so.

I agree, it's an Echinopsis chamaecereus...(Name changed again!)
http://www.desert-tropicals.com/Plan...ml--RegardsBob Hobden