Old 09-07-2007, 03:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Uncle Marvo Uncle Marvo is offline

Default Concrete or resin planters

in
, I, Marvo, say :

Hi

I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

I am looking for some large square and oblong concrete or concrete
looking planters but so far the cheapest I have found is around £300

Does anyone have any suggestions?

A bit of work.

Bags of postfix (or postmix) at about £3 a bag. A big box of suitable shape,
made out of old wood (which mostly will be reuseable). Line it well with the
mix, insert another suitable box covered in poly sheeting inside, tamp down.
Water. Fill around with more postmix. Water again. Leave two days before
trying to get the middle box out.

Great thing is that Postmix goes in dry, then you add water. With a bit of
practice you'll be making these for a fiver each after a while.

Don't look quite as good as the £300 jobs but I wouldn't expect them to :-)