Old 09-07-2007, 02:11 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Wolf Wolf is offline

Default yEnc

buzz wrote:
On Sat, 07 Jul 2007 21:15:38 -0400, Wolf
om

Gerry D (Canada) wrote:
I don't think the poster is broken, but rather the recipient. yEnc has been around for so
many years that even slow MS should have been able to include it in a new version of OE.
If they choose not to, they are missing the boat. Are they self-serving or serving their
users? Pssst, I know the answer to that question...

Yeah, well, MS does conform to applicable international\web standards:

You have failed to address the point.

yEnc is the predominant encoding for binaries in Usenet today. Period.

[...]

Well, I guess I don't subscribe to the groups that use it
"predominantly." What are they?

--
Wolf
'Just because it's true doesn't mean it's the right answer.'