Old 09-07-2007, 07:58 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Weeds - Need ID

"Jane Doe" wrote in message
Thank you for the information Gary. This thorny plant appears to be quite
invasive though. Didn't have it last year. This year it pops up
everywhere and I was a bit concerned that it's invasive and not
particularly friendly.

-Mariana
NJ

Blackberry is very invasive but if you wait untilo you've collected the
fruit (delicious) you can cut back the canes to ground level and they have
to start all over again next year.

They're very difficult to eradicate completely, I say make the most of them.

Blackberry (we call it bramble) is a very productive plant. It's flowers
provide nectar and pollen for bees, it's fruit provides delicious fruit, jam
and wine for people and the fruit for birds and the canes are used by some
(my husband among them) as a binding for straw lipwork.

Mary