Old 10-07-2007, 12:57 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Jim[_7_] Jim[_7_] is offline

Default Getting rid of Crab Grass

On Jun 28, 8:28 am, Jim wrote:
On Jun 27, 4:33 pm, Steveo wrote:

Jim wrote:
WOW! Lots of response... Thank you.

I've been gone for a few days, sorry for the delay. I have posted 3
pics of the grass, although I don't know if you'll be able to figure
it out as to what it is:

1. www.moneytime.ca/grass-1.jpg
2. www.moneytime.ca/grass-2.jpg
3. www.moneytime.ca/grass-3.jpg

If someone can help first identify and secondly provide a cure, I
would appreciate it.

NOTE: I am located around the Hamilton/Toronto, Ontario (Canada) area
- So, in the summer when the igloo melts is when I'm concerned about
the grass. )

It's not crabgrass. It's hard to tell from those pics just what it is.

Is it a newer lawn? (less than two or three years old?)

--
http://newsreader.com/

It is more than two but less than 3.

I've just got my lawn mower fixed and now it looks like a proper lawn
again but there are patches of broad leaf grasses that grow faster
than the rest of the lawn. It's these thick patches that I am
referring to as crab grass. The patches scattered throughout the lawn
kind of look lit something that you would see on a cartoon.

Some of my neighbours have the same thing so I will try and find a
patch of it and take another pic. My wife took the pics that I
already posted and they don't show it very well.

okay... Sorry for the delay in posting back but I had to wait for my
lawn to start to grow back so that you can see my problem. I took a
really good picture so that you can see what the "crab grass" (or
whatever it is) looks like. Could someone please diagnose the problem
and let me know the treatment to use?

http://www.moneytime.ca/grass-4.jpg
Thanks,
Jim