Old 09-07-2007, 09:56 PM posted to aus.environment.misc,aus.gardens,aus.general,aus.legal
Troppo Troppo is offline

Default water tank rebates

"George W. Frost" wrote in
:

Nice to see the councils giving a rebate if you install rainwater
tanks to connect to the toilet etc, but you wait and see what the
councils have planned for the future.

Still doing it tough down south ?

My Council in NQ (along with several others) has a 3 year exemption on
installing tanks for new houses. The reason: it's a huge waste of
resources with little return. $5,000+ for the installation (under QDC
25), value of water recovered $50 p.a. at the current penalty rate per
kL.
The containments are still full and the mighty Burdekin River flows on.
Better to spend the rebate and tank money on something that actually
makes a difference !!

They will legislate and announce a "Bulk Water Storage Tank Fee"

I doubt this. Most Councils haven't enough plumbers to carry out their
own essential work properly. It is probably unlawful to charge a fee for
a service that isn't done.

AFAIK no Council in NQ offers tank rebates. People who install a tank can
get one from the State.

It is really odd that Connex get fined thousands of dollars for not
supplying trains to schedule and missed trains etc.
Yet, all the water Boards seem to be exempt from any fees for not
supplying water as needed.
We are almost on level 4 restrictions all across the state, which
means you cant use water as you like, yet we still have to pay top
price for the supply of goods which we are not allowed to have.
Something doesn't sound quite right, it doesn't balance.

True. The cause is massive failure to predict and plan, vast amounts of
water wasted on unsustainable crops like cotton, etc. etc.
At the end of the day, its the large scale systems of collection and
containment that will produce results, not fiddling at the micro level.

[snip]