Old 10-07-2007, 12:06 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Crundy Crundy is offline

Default Cats in garden

"Denise" wrote in message
I wish cat owners could control where their cats go...

This is exactly the problem. I wish cats were like dogs and you could tell
them off when they bring you home a 'present' or even stray into the
neighbor's garden. Unfortunately for cats this has the opposite effect and
the more you tell them off the more nervous and willing to kill animals or
crap in gardents they become. The only resolution is to keep them away from
your garden, whether that be through repellants, motions sensitive lights /
squirters, or strategic planting of pungent plants they don't like.

I'm not one of those cat owners who feels that my cats should be allowed to
kill / destroy whatever they like. Far from it, I hate this quality in cats.
If someone can work out a proper solution to it then I'm all for it.
Starting a stupid petition with no real resolutions and then getting a
couple of like minded idiots to sign it does not solve the problem.