Old 10-07-2007, 12:09 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Crundy Crundy is offline

Default Cats in garden

"Joseph Blewett" wrote in message
s.com...
Cats should be kept indoors and taught to use a litter tray. No doubt
this
would be a little distasteful for the owner, but it would save the rest of
us
a lot of grief and anger. To say nothing of minimising the toll on birds
and small mammals.

This is probably the only post i've seen in this thread with an actual
workable solution. Unfortunately it would be considered cruel to the cats,
as it would be the equivalent of keeping a dog indoors and never walking
them. Both my cats spent close to a year kept inside before being allowed
outside, and they didn't seem to mind. I can't keep them inside for more
than 30 minutes now!