Old 10-07-2007, 02:50 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens
Omelet Omelet is offline

Default Tomatoes not growing...

In article ,
Leythos wrote:

I grow my veggies in large buckets about 2' in diameter and 2' tall that
are in a mulched area, I spray the mulch monthly with weed killer, but
the plants are isolated from the ground by the buckets... This has
worked well for us, we can even move them as needed. Now if I could just
keep the dogs from picking the green tomato's before they ripen.

Hot wire.

I don't have AC power down there at this time, but it's an option. I was
using 3' high chicken wire, but they jump over it right now.

Run a long extension cord temporarily and cover your power sources so
they don't get wet. You only have to run it temporarily. Dogs learn fast
once they get zapped a couple of times. ;-)
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.