Old 10-07-2007, 06:14 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens
Billy Rose Billy Rose is offline

Default Tomatoes not growing...

In article ,
Omelet wrote:

I grow my veggies in large buckets about 2' in diameter and 2' tall
that
are in a mulched area, I spray the mulch monthly with weed killer, but
the plants are isolated from the ground by the buckets... This has
worked well for us, we can even move them as needed. Now if I could
just
keep the dogs from picking the green tomato's before they ripen.

Why not use the motion detector sprinklers? Grated the water isn't good
for the tomato leaves but there must be some way to configure the garden
to reduce this eventuality. One keeps by dogs at bay from entering the
lettuce patch where the McNabb likes to rut.

To who ever wrote it, calling an illegal alien an "undocumented worker"
is like talking about the sound of one hand clapping".
--
Billy
http://angryarab.blogspot.com/