Old 10-07-2007, 11:56 AM
echinosum echinosum is offline
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garden Knome View Post
hi, does anyone know the best type of bamboo for making a screen?
I'm sure we do. Many kinds of bamboo are good for some kind of a screen, so you'll have to give us more of a clue. Helpful clues would be:
Where you live (or climate)
Ground type (eg dry/wet, fertile/blasted heath, etc)
Any factors affecting the screen (what is there on each side of this screen)
Hoped for height
Length
Any colour preferences
Are you prepared to build a rhizome barrier to stop it spreading to places it shouldn't be?
Any idea of budget