Old 10-07-2007, 09:31 AM posted to aus.environment.misc,aus.gardens,aus.general,aus.legal
[email protected][_2_] hairyarms@aussiemail.com.au[_2_] is offline

Default water tank rebates

On Jul 9, 2:25 pm, "George W. Frost" wrote:
Nice to see the councils giving a rebate if you install rainwater tanks to
connect to the toilet etc, but you wait and see what the councils have
planned for the future.
They will legislate and announce a "Bulk Water Storage Tank Fee"

Maybe, there is no limit to what the bureaucratic mind can find to
charge a fee for.

It is really odd that Connex get fined thousands of dollars for not
supplying trains to schedule and missed trains etc.
Yet, all the water Boards seem to be exempt from any fees for not supplying
water as needed.

I find nothing odd about this at all, the two have little in common.
Should the Water Board be held responsible for it not raining?

We are almost on level 4 restrictions all across the state, which means you
cant use water as you like, yet we still have to pay top price for the
supply of goods which we are not allowed to have.

But you still only pay for what you get.

Something doesn't sound quite right, it doesn't balance.

So you are blaming the Council or the Water Board for El Nino?

You cannot blame "climate change"

Eastern Australia has been having El Nino events for a very long time,
we seem to be just starting to come out of a particularly nasty one.
This is the major factor in the drought overall and your water
restrictions in particular, not climate change. However consider that
climate scientists think that if present trends continue the frequency
and severity of El Nino is likely to get worse. This _would_ be a
consequence of climate change.

this is a made up phrase to suit the purpose of greenies and politicians

Why would they make it up? How come the great majority of
climatologists world wide say it is happening? Are they part of the
same vast global conspiracy? Who is bribing them and why?

No such thing as "climate change" it has been going on for thousands of
years

The climate has been changing for millions of years without help from
mankind. But now WE are having an effect as well as all the natural
forces.

Was mankind to blame for the Ice Age"
Was mankind to blame for the thawing of the Ice Age?
Was mankind to blame for the eventual drying up of the inland lakes and seas
leaving deserts?

No way, because man wasn't invented then

No because this is a straw man argument. No climatolost says mankind
was responsible for all those things back millions of years. That
these things happened in the past is quite within the climate models,
what we need to consider is why some things are changing now. Have a
look at the rate that glaciers and ice sheets are melting now ask
yourself what is the cause.

It is the same in these years now, mankind cannot be held to blame.

It is measurably and demonstrably not the same. The growth of the
amount of CO2 in the atmosphere in the last 100 years has no
explanation other than from human activity.

Any change in the climate is due to the atomic reaction of the earth and its
environs

I haven't heard this explanation before. Please tell me where you got
it from and how this has increased the CO2 in the air in the last 100
years.

We cannot control the earth's interiors, lava flows, winds, earthquakes,
tides, seasons etc

No we cannot control those things but we can control how much carbon
dioxide etc we put into the atmosphere by burning fossil fuel.

so you are not going to be able to control any type of climate change that
may or may not come along

It does not follow.

David