Old 10-07-2007, 08:24 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Charlie Pridham Charlie Pridham is offline

Default turfing over turf

"steve auvache" wrote in message
In article , Emrys Davies
writes
I definitely don't like the idea of levelling your lawn with soil and
then placing turf on top of it.

You may not but apparently it works.

My father used to cut grass on an industrial scale and do the "odd
little job" at a smaller level. I recall him telling me just that
information which he apparently gleaned from a training course at some
association or other to do with being a professional Groundskeeper. If
it is good enough for them it is good enough for us.

--
steve auvache

Over the years I have tried to smooth of some of the humps and bumps here
and have always just laid straight on the old turf we have never had any
problems.

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk