Old 10-07-2007, 10:35 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Emrys Davies Emrys Davies is offline

Default turfing over turf

"David Wilce" wrote in message
All - thanks for the advice!

Seems there is a difference of opinion as to what the outcome may be -
currently all I have right now is the soil covering the old lawn - we
haven't arranged a date for the new turf to be laid.

One thing I would say regarding the waterlogging issue is that we live

on
the coast and our soil is sandy and drainage has never been a problem

so
far. I was thinking more about the decomposition of the underlying

turves
and what that might do to the new root system..

On the other hand, if it was good enough for Steve's father....

Decisions, decisions....

Thanks again.
David

No mention has been made as to why a new lawn is required apart from the
fact that there are undulations. What is wrong with the original lawn.
Is it compacted, has poor drainage or, coupled with its unevenness, is
it unsightly?

Regards,
Emrys Davies.