Old 10-07-2007, 11:48 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Uncle Marvo Uncle Marvo is offline

Default Concrete or resin planters

in
, I, Marvo, say :

On 9 Jul, 15:51, "Uncle Marvo"
wrote this in om,
I, Marvo, say :

Hi

I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

I am looking for some large square and oblong concrete or concrete
looking planters but so far the cheapest I have found is around £300

Does anyone have any suggestions?

A bit of work.

Bags of postfix (or postmix) at about £3 a bag. A big box of
suitable shape, made out of old wood (which mostly will be
reuseable). Line it well with the mix, insert another suitable box
covered in poly sheeting inside, tamp down. Water. Fill around with
more postmix. Water again. Leave two days before trying to get the
middle box out.

Great thing is that Postmix goes in dry, then you add water. With a
bit of practice you'll be making these for a fiver each after a
while.

Don't look quite as good as the £300 jobs but I wouldn't expect them
to :-)

Thanks for this :-)

I have done them in the past. I now tend to make raised beds instead, and
use wooden half-barrels, but they're really difficult to find now. People
have found out what things are worth!