Old 10-07-2007, 02:01 PM posted to rec.gardens
Lar Lar is offline

Default small bees in ground

janet wrote:
I noticed some small bees hovering around a spot at the edge of one of
my garden areas. I tried spraying with wasp/hornet spray a couple of
times, but they're still there. I'm allergic to bees and wasps, have
to carry epi-pens with me at all times, and need to keep bees and
wasps from nesting in my yard. I don't think there are not a lot of
bees there yet, so it seems to me that now is the time to get rid of
them.

Thanks for any suggestions on how to get rid of them.

Probably digger bees that are solitary bees that nest near others that
can create large groups. You can try keeping the area wet and they may
move on. Otherwise you will have to saturate the area with an insecticide.

Lar