Old 10-07-2007, 05:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default Information on wild ducklings please

Broadback writes

Since posting this the duck and ducklings have disappeared. No sign
that the ducklings have been eaten, yet I'm blessed if I can work out
how they got out. Ducks can't carry their young like cats can they? Oh
dear, I hope this does not develop into a cat thread! ;-)

There was something in - I think it must have been - the BTO garden
birdwatch magazine about a bird doing this - not a duck, maybe a grebe?
Carrying its young one by one between its feet.
--
Kay