Old 11-07-2007, 12:58 AM posted to rec.gardens
Eigenvector Eigenvector is offline

Default small bees in ground

"janet" wrote in message
ps.com...
I noticed some small bees hovering around a spot at the edge of one of
my garden areas. I tried spraying with wasp/hornet spray a couple of
times, but they're still there. I'm allergic to bees and wasps, have
to carry epi-pens with me at all times, and need to keep bees and
wasps from nesting in my yard. I don't think there are not a lot of
bees there yet, so it seems to me that now is the time to get rid of
them.

Thanks for any suggestions on how to get rid of them.

I understand your concern, but you may be hard pressed to get rid of them.
Perhaps the ones in the immediate vincinity, but not the ones that come from
a ways away. Ground bees are pretty common and utterly harmless to us, I
don't know about YOU, but I don't even think ground bees sting. Might have
to weigh the risks vs. the benefits. Like putting on long sleeves, hat, and
pants around the garden. Or ask yourself why someone with such dire
allergies even has a garden.