Old 29-10-2002, 10:04 PM
Aladdin Sane

Default Battery Operated Weed Wacker

Do those things actually work now? I used one for a summer maybe 20 years
ago and they weren't good for anything except maybe getting the bit of

grass
alongside the sidewalk. It had like a 10" cutting width and a single,

very
thin line. Any kind of weeds at all would cause the thing to jam, and it
had maybe a 20-minute run time, after which it required a 24-hour charge.

I hope they're better now, but i don't think I'll be trading in my gas
powered trimmer anytime soon...

-Tim

Well, mine has a more than 20 min run time, supposed to be able to do half
an acre. Don't have that much yard to test that. Also, my primary use is
to trim grass along the edge of stone walls where I cant get my mower into.
Don't have any real weed sections to deal with.

--
*
/?\

A conclusion is simply the place