Old 10-07-2007, 09:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] judith.lea@googlemail.com is offline

Default Information on wild ducklings please

On Jul 10, 7:32 pm, Sally Thompson
wrote:
On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 17:59:56 +0100, wrote
(in article .com):

On Jul 10, 5:29 pm, K wrote:
Broadback writes

Since posting this the duck and ducklings have disappeared. No sign
that the ducklings have been eaten, yet I'm blessed if I can work out
how they got out. Ducks can't carry their young like cats can they? Oh
dear, I hope this does not develop into a cat thread! ;-)

There was something in - I think it must have been - the BTO garden
birdwatch magazine about a bird doing this - not a duck, maybe a grebe?
Carrying its young one by one between its feet.
--

I'm sure I saw something about Penguins doing this also??

If Broadback has penguins in the pond, then we all have a serious climate
change problem :-)

Tee HeeG

Judith