Old 11-07-2007, 01:35 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Derek Broughton Derek Broughton is offline

Default Topping off the pond

~ jan wrote:

Hmmm, sounds like dechlor all the time might be wise when using tap water?
Usually for a top off we usually say don't worry, but the chlorine is
surely reacting to the organics in a pond system, thus creating this THM?

Could be, but I don't have a clue how harmful THMs might be to fish, and how
much would be created from any given amount of chlorinated water. THMs
seem to be the latest trend in drinking water supply scares, but even for
people they're talking about long-term toxicity, not short term.
--
derek
- Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself, not rec.ponds.moderated