Old 11-07-2007, 02:57 AM posted to aus.environment.misc,aus.gardens,aus.general,aus.legal
George W. Frost George W. Frost is offline

Default water tank rebates

"0tterbot" wrote in message
"George W. Frost" wrote in message
Nice to see the councils giving a rebate if you install rainwater tanks
to connect to the toilet etc, but you wait and see what the councils have
planned for the future.
They will legislate and announce a "Bulk Water Storage Tank Fee"

will they indeed?

i wonder why it is then that nobody would be able to collate how many
litres people are storing in dams, etc; and nobody wants to, and nobody is
trying to. a few poxy town water tanks wouldn't be worth the bother,
compared to charging for people's stored dam water.

of course, common sense and conspiracy theories don't usually match.

It is really odd that Connex get fined thousands of dollars for not
supplying trains to schedule and missed trains etc.
Yet, all the water Boards seem to be exempt from any fees for not
supplying water as needed.

what a strange thing to say. you are charged for connection & supply
because nothing has changed - you still have connection & supply. you are
charged the same amount of usage as usual for the water that you use. when
you turn on the tap, water comes out (at a very cheap price), same as
ever. what's the problem?

We are almost on level 4 restrictions all across the state, which means
you cant use water as you like, yet we still have to pay top price for
the supply of goods which we are not allowed to have.

nobody in australia pays "top price" for water. water is even more
undervalued than petrol is. the price of town water will go up, for sure,
because it's being undercharged compared to its value.

I read and re-read this to make sure that what I saw was right.
What a ****ing ****** you are, trying to compare water prices to petrol
Have you ever tried to run your car on water, or even tried to drink petrol?

if you had, then you would have found out that it doesn't work either way.
Two vastly different commodities with a different use .
While you are at it Einstien Otterbot, compare the price of diamonds with
glass,
then go complain to the jewellers that they are charging too much for a 5
carat ring when one can be made with glass instead of a diamond

Don't forget to take your daily meds, you have obviously missed out on a
dose or five.

undoubtedly, when the price goes up, there will be a cacophony of
whingeing from conspiracy theorists (and generally greedy people who think
communal problems are supposed to be dealt with by everyone else, not
them).

Something doesn't sound quite right, it doesn't balance.

you're not wrong there, but i think you're looking at the wrong thing.
kylie