Old 11-07-2007, 10:14 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default warning blight arrives!

On 11 Jul, 09:45, "David \(Normandy\)"
wrote:
All our potato and tomato plants here died a few weeks ago.
Lots of farmers here have lost their crops too.
I can see there being a potato shortage this Winter.

I've lost all the jerusalem artichocks a couple of weeks ago - all
pulverised to a mush, a banquet to the slugs. Toms are slow slow slow.
Spuds look ok, touch wood, but broad beans are not moving much, pods
are fat but beans are small, compared to last years. Mildew settling
under bushes and redcurrants have the blister aphid problem. That I'm
not sure what to do organically. The problem is that I've got wild
edges surrounding my lotty and I've got so many places for these
aphids to settle there the summer and re-infect the currants next
year. Crap year really ... (