Old 11-07-2007, 01:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Smiler Smiler is offline

Default Slugs advice

A beer trap can be made by digging a small hole like golf hole and put
a plastic cup inside, a plastic pint pot is ideal. fill half way with
lager or beer and they will be drawn towards it like binge drinkers to
a neon bar sign. I think it will work with snails as well but not 100%
certain.

The advice to have a paving slab for thrushes to bash snails with is a
good one if you have no hard surface near your garden for example a
gravel path. I saw one just yesterday cracking a snail open and having
a good feast.