Old 11-07-2007, 06:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Crundy Crundy is offline

Default Cats in garden

"Amethyst Deceiver" wrote in message
Mikesndbs wrote:
Crundy

I am asking that you withdraw your assertion that the people who have
singed their names to the petition are 'idiots'
Also that I am by association an 'idiot'

I would also ask that you cease using swear words when answering my
posts.

Oh dear. I fear you're not really cut out for the cut-and-thrust of Usenet
debate.

Yes, I would like to see how they get on in alt.os.windows-xp.

Tell you what Mikendbs, I will retract my statements if you, yourself, can
provide three workable laws or rules for your petition. You already
specified bells, but please also bear in mind I was once told by an RSPCA
employee that collars on cats are generally a bad idea, as they get many
cases of cats getting trapped or hung because of them (apparently including
the quick release ones) and that microchipping your cat is sufficient.

The simple fact is, you are starting a petition with no point to it. The
reason I referred to you and the others who signed it as idiots is because
you are being stupid if you think your petition as it stands will be taken
seriously. Let's look at dog laws, for example, it is illegal to leave your
dog's mess on the pavement. It is illegal to take some breeds outside
without a muzzle. These are fixed solutions to genuine concerns, which is
exactly what your petition does not have. Simply saying 'Cat owners should
have more control over their pets' is not sufficient. I completely agree
with you that there should be some way of stopping cats straying into other
people's gardens. I would love to be able to stop my cats from doing this.