Old 11-07-2007, 08:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan McKenzie Alan McKenzie is offline

Default warning blight arrives!

Yes blight here to - I've only started my lotty towards the end of last
year - managed to get my earlies out the charlottes and swift were gorgeous.
All my main crop have blight.
The old un's on lotty tell me that they have also lost theirs, first time
ever blight been a problem on our lotty.
Also lots have lost shallots, mine may be ok I'm told
certainly lost all my garlic, all black and horrible - they had been there
since about oct last year - no growth at all and very sick.
old un's on lotty, as said previously never had it before so all new to
them, someone suggested if on leaves and hasn't gone down the stem then cut
of haulm and hope sufficient growth under the soil.
any suggestions apart from that.

Alan
north of portsmouth

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
Just checked my tomatoes and potatoes tonight and since Sunday night I
have blight on both!
Charlottes seem to have escaped but definitely leaves show sign son other
potatoes.
Tomatoes have black marks on stems and also on some leaves.

As it's early what the best move forward apart from burning everything?
Don't have indoor tomatoes but might have to start next year at this
rate.....

Not affecting crops in Great Missenden or Prestwood or the Lee (about 4
miles away) just Amersham and poss. Chesham at the moment.
Anyone else suffering?
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph