Old 12-07-2007, 01:22 PM posted to rec.gardens
Frank Frank is offline

Default Container Gardening - Growing Vegetables.

On Jul 12, 3:59 am, wrote:
Im trying to grow some vegetables in Clay pots and plastic pots.
The veggies i have chosen are Tomato's chillies, and few herbs.
My question is, can i grow most of the vegetables in Pots, provided
that i take extra care of the plants.
Im planning with Egg plants, Beans, and Lady's finger.
What should i concentrate more on, if im able to grow vegetables in
container gardens.

Yes. My largest pots for tomatoes are about 20 inches across.
Eggplants and peppers will grow in smaller pots. I grow regular size
plants. I use cheap bagged topsoil. They require a lot of watering and
tomatoes need calcium to prevent blossom end rot. Getting ready to
pick my first red tomato and have peppers and eggplant that could be
picked at any time.
Frank