Old 12-07-2007, 06:43 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Trellis and vine provide narrow space privacy

we have a similar set up but only have 3 feet between houses (old part
of city). what I have done is use some liquid that "frosts" the
window so nobody can actually see in. since you have blinds maybe you
want to turn the blinds (the horizontal ones) so that the air comes in
but nobody can see in. also, if it is possible to open the top of the
window rather than the bottom so there is no "line of sight"

given that, Virginia creeper grows in the shade really well. Ingrid

I'd like to have a privacy screen on the one side of the
house, but there is only about 8 feet between the homes. My property
line is only four feet from the wall of my house. I need the screen
because the neighbor's kitchen window over their sink looks directly
into my bedroom window. I always keep the blinds drawn now but it is
so stuffy during nice weather and I'd like to have the option of
opening the window.