Old 12-07-2007, 09:43 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Jane Doe Jane Doe is offline

Default Freezing chiles

I was just wondering what to do with ours. We're practically drowning in
peppers. Anything you want but Bells. Ranging from very hot to sweet
banana. I have to find room in the freezer!

-M

"Jon Shemitz" wrote in message
The hot chiles that survived the winter are fruiting like crazy right
now, and I have to freeze ripe chiles every few days. That still
leaves me plenty to eat fresh, but the frozen chiles make a perfectly
decent substitute, come winter. I generally run out of frozen chiles
just as I can get a pretty decent stream of fresh chiles from the
greenhouse. I cook something with garlic and chiles maybe six nights a
week.

I rinse the chiles pretty thoroughly in cold water in a colander, and
let them drain briefly before plopping them in a freezer bag,
squeezing out all the air I can, then sealing and freezing the bag.
Today, I froze a large bag with six varieties.

Fwiw.