Old 31-03-2003, 07:32 PM
Mike

Default Garden suitable for children & dog

In article , hayley
writes
By the way. No ponds please. I have fished one toddler out thanks :-((

we have a pond and a toddler and it is not a problem. Our pond is a 6 foot
diameter circle surrounded by slabs. We had a cover made my a local metal
worker (reasonably priced)which is strong enough to take my weight. It has a
padlocked trap door to give access and goes under the slabs. Once a year we
lift slabs and cover to clear out pond. Toddler, frogs, toads, birds,
dragonflies and fish all love it. Toddler currently "fishing" with stick and
having great time.
Hayley

You are to be commended Hayley and I wish to God that everyone thought
the same way as you.

The pond the Mother fished a youngster out of was no more than a hollow
in a next door neighbours garden which had filled with water. Face down
and out to the world. Mother in panic mode was trying to give Artificial
Respiration the wrong way. I grabbed little 'un (3 years old) and did
the right thing and she came round. (Living by the Sea Side as a
youngster I had been taught)

Maundy Thursday afternoon 1963. 40 years ago this year :-))
I was a Civil Servant at that time and we had Maundy Thursday afternoon
off :-))

But I haven't forgotten :-((

Mike
Who has a habit of remembering the truth :-)
(It's so much easier than trying to remember lies you have told)
Forthcoming reunions. Royal Navy Social Weekend Sussex May 2nd - 5th.
H.M.S.Collingwood Association Chatham May 30th - June 2nd
British Pacific Fleet Hayling Island Sept 5th - 8th
Castle Class Corvettes Assn. Isle of Wight. Oct 3rd - 6th. Plus many more