Old 13-07-2007, 02:48 AM posted to rec.gardens
Seahag Seahag is offline

Default Invader

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote :
"Marilyn" fcorliss at comcast dot net wrote:
Those are parasites on the tomato hornworm's back. If I
find a hornworm with parasites in my garden I usually
move it somewhere it won't harm my plants and leave it
alone so the parasites will increase in number.
Marilyn

Many years ago, I actually heard one of those chewing a
tomato plant 15 feet away. That's crazy.

I was able to find the worms on our tomatoes last year by
looking up from the huge piles of poo they drop.
I'd never seen them before, and was amazed at the damage a
few of them could do in a day.

Seahag