Old 13-07-2007, 06:28 AM posted to rec.gardens
Billy Rose Billy Rose is offline

Default pools - slightly off topic

In article , Charlie wrote:

On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 18:06:58 -0700, Billy Rose
wrote:

A pool guy can probably help you. A small amount of citric acid (I can't
remember the name of the acid that they use in pools) will make the Cl2
more effective. Also as Charlie said, if you could make a pool cover,
like an ol' tarp, for when the pool isn't being used.

Citric Acid? Hmmmm. Cyanuric acid is what is used to maintain and
slow chlorine degradation in the baggie pool things we have.

Once it is at proper levels, it remains all season. I asssume, being
no chemist, that citric acid would be similiar, and safer?

Charlie

Too sleepy to look it up right now. Go with cyanuric. But if you have
wine stains on your hands, or want to find where the cuts are on your
hands, citric is the stuff. But I'm afraid it is very degradable, so
like I said, go with the cyanuric.
--
Billy
http://angryarab.blogspot.com/