Old 13-07-2007, 07:32 AM posted to soc.history,sci.med,sci.bio.botany
a_plutonium a_plutonium is offline

Default intelligence of a donkey ANIMAL STORIES

kauhl-meersburg wrote:

leaves must have some other ingredients than grass, which is like spice
for cattle - by this method I solve my hedge growing problem, everyday
an armful of fresh branches as dessert

cheers kauhl

A few days ago I came to the enclosure of the horse, donkey and Llama
and found the donkey and
Llama had gotten out of their corral area and into another pasture
that I wanted them only there
when I can monitor them so as not to destroy new plants. I was puzzled
as to how the donkey and
Llama got out and so I tested them to see how quickly they went to the
"hole in the fence". Did
they jump the fence?

So I put the donkey back into the corral area and he immediately went
to a row of trees where I
had barricaded with wood timber as a homemade fence. And there was the
hole.

The old saying "grass is greener on the other side" is what prompts
the donkey, Llama and horse
to look for holes to get to the greener grass.

So a donkey is not stupid in that it immediately remembers where it
found a hole some hours prior.

Archimedes Plutonium
www.iw.net/~a_plutonium