Old 13-07-2007, 11:11 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy Janet Tweedy is offline

Default Nice plants

In article , Charlie Pridham
writes

Many garden visitors have tried to get papilio to flower and failed and I
can not see why it is so easy, we grow it with cannas, hedychiums and for a
bit of earlier colour, Tritilaria, which grows in amongst it.
And yes we sell some to visitors!

I grow p. in pots and just shove them into gaps when they flower, they
always seem to need splitting so I have some to give away by the autumn
as well! Not tried it actually in the ground but might use a pot or two
to experiment now you say it likes dry conditions.
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph