Old 13-07-2007, 11:19 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Broadback Broadback is offline

Default Petrol Hedge Trimmer

Mark wrote:
Have just bought my first one.

I have to put 2% oil in with the petrol.

Is it okay or even normal premix, say, a 5 litre container full?

How long would it store for made up?

mark

I have a number of petrol appliances, I have them serviced every year
and the chap who does them says throw away (how?) petrol in a can after
three months. The theory is that the best bit evaporated first and that
left will give you starting problems. Being ignorant I take no notice,
have some that is a year old, gives me no problems.