Old 13-07-2007, 01:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rod[_1_] Rod[_1_] is offline

Default Petrol Hedge Trimmer

"Mark" wrote in message
Have just bought my first one.

I have to put 2% oil in with the petrol.

Is it okay or even normal premix, say, a 5 litre container full?

How long would it store for made up?

Certainly months is OK. The story used to be that some properties of
the oil degraded eventually when mixed with petrol but I think the
high quality modern oils don't suffer to any great extent. Just keep
it clean - ie around the filler cap of your machine and use a filtered
funnel.

--
Rod

My real address is rodthegardeneratmyisp