Old 13-07-2007, 04:46 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Robert Lorenzini Robert Lorenzini is offline

Default Oh No

I was checking out my Den unicum this morning when I noticed some
small dots moving very quickly. Checked them under the glass and
they are very dark bulbous creatures but they seem to have a
hard shell when pinched between the fingers and have a small
head and legs in front. Ok quick check, they might be spider
mites. I hit the plant with neem/soap mixture and set the plant
down for a few minutes. I came back and checked again and now
they were everywhere and on a march. SH__! I poured iso alcohol
over the mount and now they seem to be drunk and passed out.
Next I treated the mounts on either side with neem but found
no evidence. I love this plant, it just finished blooming
dozens of flowers and has two new growths twice as large
as any when I bought it. Does my ID and treatment sound
resonable and how soon and long before I should treat again?

Bob