Old 13-07-2007, 08:55 PM posted to austin.gardening,rec.gardens
jangchub jangchub is offline

Default Peaches

Well, my peach tree made a ton of peaches, all or most of which had
worms in the center, and/or brown rot. The red admirals are drunk out
there and I mean drunk and many thousands of them.

Anyway, I don't kill insects, but does anyone know of a way to prevent
brown rot aside from proper hygiene after the growing season is over.
Also, I was wondering if I can do an extreme pruning after all the
fruit has fallen off. The tree is a good umbrella shape, but it is
way too tall...about 14 feet tall. The raccoons get up in there and
poop on my canopy to mark THEIR peach tree. I don't mind, but if the
tree was shorter they can get to it without skating the canopy and
maybe I can pick the peaches easier. Does anyone have any good book
recomendations regarding peaches?

Victoria