Old 13-07-2007, 09:35 PM posted to austin.gardening,rec.gardens
Victor Martinez Victor Martinez is offline

Default Peaches

jangchub wrote:
Anyway, I don't kill insects, but does anyone know of a way to prevent
brown rot aside from proper hygiene after the growing season is over.

I'd love some advice on that too, we haven't had a peach in 2 years!!!
The trees are strikingly beautiful when blooming though.

Also, I was wondering if I can do an extreme pruning after all the
fruit has fallen off. The tree is a good umbrella shape, but it is
way too tall...about 14 feet tall. The raccoons get up in there and

I'd wait until February to prune them. Let the leaves produce energy now.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he