Old 14-07-2007, 12:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Where have all the bees gone?

On 14/7/07 12:34, in article ,
"David (Normandy)" wrote:

Are they just not venturing out after the recent cold wet weather or what?
Went for a walk around the garden today and not a bee in sight. The runner
beans are smothered in blossom but no bees and no little beans. The flower
borders are full of blooms but no bees.

There is a shortage of bees. Have you not read about it? It's very
worrying for gardeners and farmers. We saw masses on Tresco, so can only
assume they've packed their little furry suitcases and headed for a clean,
warm climate!

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk