Old 14-07-2007, 12:02 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Recovery from chlorine poisoning?

On Fri, 13 Jul 2007 20:39:08 CST, Phyllis and Jim
wrote:

I have never tried that much chlorine in my pond (despite cleaning the
deck next to it). In our aquarium, however, we have put too much
chlorine in. The fish suffered, but recovered. I suspect the key is
how badly the gills have been damaged. If the fish can get oxygen and
if it does not get infected and if it is well enough to heal, I
suspect it can make a go of it...ours did.

Jim

Yup, somewhat similar to if we were exposed to chlorine gas, the longer the
exposure the more damage. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us