Old 14-07-2007, 03:40 PM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] NoOption5L@aol.com is offline

Default Blueberries: Mason-Dixon

On Jul 13, 10:21 pm, "Wuensch, Karl L." wrote:
Why are blueberries grown in the South bland while those grown in the
North are tart and tasty? Different cultivars or different climate? I live
in North Carolina but will not plant blueberries because I have never tasted
a blueberry grown south of New Jersey that tastes good. I have had a few
huckleberries from North Carolina and they were great.

Karl,

The blueberries grown here in Florida are yummy! You might want to
have your soil tested. Plants grown in the proper soil and are
getting enough nutrients/sunlight/water should be bearing tasty
fruit.

Patrick